By: Gitty Davidson
Let be honest, we all love our carbs. The hard part is finding a healthy way to consume them. Next time that carb craving hits, you will be prepared to tackle it with this fiber-rich recipe!
Chickpeas are a great source of protein, iron and fiber. Just one cup gives you one third of your daily fiber needs. This helps you feel full longer and gives you more energy to tackle a long day. It may also help you eat less throughout the day and keep that waistline in check.
As for all my Vegetarians out there, chickpeas are a great way to help you reach your daily recommended intake of iron. One cup of chickpeas offers 25% of your daily iron needs!
Chickpea Pasta Recipe
A delicious chickpea recipe
Write a review
- 1 box chickpea elbow pasta (we used Banza)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 Tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1) Prepare chickpea elbows as directed on box
- 2)Saute garlic and add the tomato sauce
- 3)Allow to thicken about 2 minute and then add in the remaining spices. Cook for around 3 minutes longer
- 4)Stir into cooked chickpea pasta and enjoy
Beth Warren Nutrition http://www.bethwarrennutrition.com/