During this festive time of year I had a lot of fun in the kitchen getting funky with my combo of Roasted Honey Butternut Squash with Almond and Cranberry Wild Rice. A perfect, simple and nutritious side dish for Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is a beautiful time to get together with family and friends. Make sure to always keep focused on the beautiful company around you.
We’re also surrounded by tons of food. Always be sure to stay on track by being aware of what you are choosing to eat. Eat clean, portioned and enjoy time with your family!
Check below for the full recipe.
Roasted Honey Butternut Squash with Almond and Cranberry Wild Rice
Write a review
- Split honey Butternut Squash in half
- Roast on baking sheet flesh side down on 425 for about 30 min
- Spoon out the seeds when complete
- For the Wild Rice
- Sauté onion in 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add 1 cup wild rice (I use Lundenberg brand)
- Add 2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Then, after it cooks turn off flame
- Add 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Add 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Cover to soften in the heat
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup of Wild Rice to roasted honey butternut squash
Beth Warren Nutrition http://www.bethwarrennutrition.com/