Summer days are LONG and HOT! And we’re not going to deny it; the heat makes us all (even us dietitians) crave the occasional frozen treat! We aren’t going to deny you the pleasure of eating ice cream, frozen yogurt or ices OCCASIONALLY.
But we are going to make a suggestion. Take advantage of the heat and let it motivate you to eat light! Keep your meals as light as possible so we can give in to our cravings (guilt free) every now and than! Do your best to include veggies, lean protein and a healthy carb at every meal. These foods will keep you energized, full and flat!
I’m sharing my roasted zatar tehini cauliflower recipe to get you guys started! You can eat it on it’s own or throw it in a salad! Not only is this dish delicious but its light, high in fiber and low in calories. Cauliflower contains tons of vitamins and minerals. It’s part of the cruciferous family, known for protecting us from cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Raosted Zaatar Tehini Cauliflower
Write a review
- 1 large cauliflower or 1 bag frozen defrosted
- 3 tbsp seasoned tahini paste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp zaatar spice
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, smother the paste mixture onto the cauliflower.
- Spread the cauliflower on the baking sheet being careful not to overlap.
- Roast for about 25 min and stir at least once in the middle for even crunch.
Beth Warren Nutrition http://www.bethwarrennutrition.com/