Banana Bread Recipe
FUN FACTS ABOUT BANANA BREAD (plus a bonus recipe below):
1. Bananas are one of the only fruit that actually get tastier over time. When they go limp and mushy, they can be repurposed.
2. Americans have been buying more food over the past few years, which means there’s more opportunity for things to go bad, like bananas.
3. Bananas and carbs feed our primal survival instincts.
4. Baking banana bread is an activity to do beyond watching TV, working, and reading.
5. Banana bread is usually a forgiving recipe.
6. Banana bread is the epitome of comfort food.
7. Banana bread is meditative to create.
8. Baking banana bread is an act of self-care.
9. Banana bread is an easy-to-reach achievement in a time when we’re all feeling defeated.
10. Plus, it’s a great way to keep your kids busy by cooking something healthful and yummy in the kitchen. Hence, the recipe below made entirely by my 11 year old daughter, Channah (although according to her, she would add more chocolate chips!).