HEALTHY BURGER RECIPES FOR THE BIGGEST BBQ DAY OF THE YEAR
July 4th is the most popular grilling day of the year. Family and friends gather together to eat, watch the fireworks, and enjoy the festivities of the day. If you want to partake in the fun without hurting your health and waistline, there are many options for healthy burgers:
1. Spiced Salmon Burgers by Beth Warren Nutrition- A great way to introduce salmon to picky eaters, and simple to prepare.
2. Chipotle Black Bean Burgers by Iowa Girl Eats- Similar to Morningstar Farm’s version, except fresher and more nutritious.
3. Baked Eggplant Burgers by The Tolerant Vegan- Roasted eggplant packs great flavor in these healthful veggie burgers. Highly recommended with tahini sauce!
4. Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers by Skinny Taste- Marinating mushrooms makes this burger anything but bland. Skip the cheese for a vegan-friendly option.
5. Bulgur Burgers by Popsugar- Add bulgur to your burger to pack extra extra fiber and sub turkey for beef for an even lower fat version!
6. Herb-Chicken Tofu Burgers by Popsugar- The tofu adds enough moisture to eliminate the need for an egg or breadcrumbs, and the flavor is masked by the seasoned chicken. Result? A juicy, tastes-nothing-like-tofu chicken burger.
7. Chickpea Sweet Potato Quinoa Burgers by Ambitious Kitchen- A delicious blend of veggies and spices to create a satisfying burger loaded with nutrients.
8. Grilled Lamb Burgers by Healthy Recipes Blogs- Super easy to make with simple yet flavorful ingredients. Omit the yogurt sauce for a dairy-free option and top with extra veggies.
9. Cranberry Herb Turkey Burgers by Eating Well- Whole wheat couscous and cranberries add an interesting dimension to this anything-but-dry turkey burger. It doesn’t have to be Thanksgiving to enjoy turkey and cranberries!
10. Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger by Minimalist Baker- Tender yet sturdy, nutritious, vegan, and gluten free. A must-try!
11. Turkey Burger Salad with Avocado and Dijon Mustard by Food.com- Perfect balance of burger and salad. Load up on your greens when eating burgers!
Whichever burger you choose, Happy Fourth to you! Who knows, you might inspire some hardcore meat-lovers to indulge in these healthier options (and genuinely enjoy them!)