How to Have a Vacation Without a Vacation
I returned this week from my first family vacation in a LONG time.
We’ve all gone through ALOT this year.
Even if the specifics were different, there’s also commonality in the struggles we faced.
But it got me thinking:
I know going away was a privilege that I felt I worked very hard for but was a ultimately still a privilege.
how can I help some of you FEEL like you took a vacation, WITHOUT a vacation.
one thing I realized,
is that even though we can physically be on a vacation,
it may not feel like a vacation (especially traveling with kids) without setting an intention,
keeping a focused mindset,
or repeating matras,
that help you get EVERYTHING you’re looking to reset and refresh out of it.
Here's How You Can Feel a Vacation Without a Vacation:
1. Prep your home. You wouldn't vacuum on a regular vacation, and you shouldn't vacuum during your staycation, either.
2. Disrupt your routine.
3. Stop working.
4. Plan your re-entry.
5. Spice it up with a new recipe from a place you want to visit.
6. Learn a new language or speak a foreign one that you know.
7. Unplug from your phone.
8. Shake up a new drink.
9. Host a home yoga retreat.
10. Escape into the pages of a travel book.
11. Take a safari through your backyard.
12. Watch an international film.
13. Make friends from around the world.
14. Curate the perfect vacation playlist.
15. Visit a destination virtually.
16. Treat yourself to a spa day.
17. Reminisce with souvenirs and photos.
18. Snap a selfie of your experiences.
19. Put on your summer scent or background music like ocean waves.
20. Plan a day trip. And if it can’t be a whole trip, walk and brows a local neighborhood, sip a coffee in a coffee shop - those are my two “staycation” faves that work wonders for me, even if I have only moments.