Weight Maintenance & Mindfulness
Everyone has their specific preference or goal regarding weight loss, but another factor is keeping the weight you want to maintain.
It’s often a struggle to realize when you’re happy or satisfied with your weight but it’s important to not increase or decrease your weight drastically, and keeping it at a level that’s healthy.
When people put themselves on restrictive diets, wrong mindsets, or lack of habits- they would fluctuate with their bodies tremendously. It’s important to have a steady routine, keeping yourself busy, staying hydrated, getting enough sleep, and staying active to maintain in a healthy state. Overall, weight involves much more than what we eat.
With our BWN method, we recommend taking on these tips:
You can also try these tips:
• Check your watch that at least 20 minutes passed before you take a second helping of food.
• Try eating with your non-dominant hand. If you’re a righty, hold your fork in your left hand when lifting food to your mouth.
• Eat silently for five minutes, thinking about what it took to produce that meal, your host, spouses or parent’s effort to make your meal etc.
• Take small bites and chew well.
• Before opening the fridge or cabinet, take a breath and ask yourself, “Am I really hungry?”
• Do something else, like reading or going on a short walk instead of grazing.
Lemony Fennel Recipe
I get it: when experts preach to eat more veggies, you're wondering exactly how to do just that. Below is a recipe idea using an underestimated vegetable, fennel. Fennel is amazing not only because of its unique black licorice-type flavor, but also because it is anti-bloating with alot of other health promoting characteristics! The evidence that no one regrets pushing themselves to take the extra moments to prepare themselves (And their families!) a deliciously inspiring healthy meal! Trust me, my days are cray, cray, so what helps me balance busting out more creative dishes like these with more basic go-to’s is recognizing the types of days that doing something like this will leave me feeling overwhelmed (aka 12 hr client days 😳) versus ones that give me that **tiny** inkling of time I feel I can manage it...that, plus taking shortcuts I would have otherwise never though to spend on, like buying this fennel precut, recognizing every second counts! My only regret is that I didn’t double the recipe 😋