Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cups
A delicious heart-healthy dark chocolate treat with peanut butter.
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 oz dark chocolate chips
A pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup peanut butter, natural (or almond butter!)
1 tbsp honey
6 inch Mini Muffin Wrappers (plus mini muffin tin), or Molds (like the hearts in the photo)
1. Melt the dark chocolate (either using a double-broiler or microwaving )
2. Stir the "chocolate" ingredients into the chocolate until smooth
3. Using a spoon, place about 1 tsp of melted chocolate into the bottom of the wrapper or mold
4. With the spoon, push down the chocolate so that it comes up the sides of the wrapper or mold.
5. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
6. In a bowl, mix the peanut butter and honey together.
7. Remove the moldings from the freezer and add one teaspoon of filling into the cups.
8. Add more metled chocolate to cover the peanut butter filling..
9. Freeze for 2+ hours.